This is the big kahuna – Oz the Great and Powerful. This is the movie we have all been waiting for. After visiting Los Angeles with 24 other amazing blogger for the world premiere at El Capitan Theater, I’m pretty obsessed with this movie. Honestly, I can’t think of one thing I didn’t absolutely love about it… except that I want to go back and experience it all over again!
Oz the Great and Powerful is the prequel to the classic Wizard of Oz. We have all seen the Wizard of Oz. You might be thinking, how could they top that? It’s simple really. Wizard of Oz is a classic – it will always be loved. Oz the Great and Powerful is the modern version of the classic. It aligns right up with the original. They are both amazing for different reasons. Check out the Oz trailer.
Sam Raimi did an awesome job of creating a movie that lives up to its legacy. I highly recommend seeing Oz the Great and Powerful in the theater. It was such a breath taking experience to view it in 3D. Of course, I will own it on Blu-ray at some point but it’s just not the same. China Girl will capture your heart and Finley the Flying Monkey will make you giggle the entire time. You will find an appreciation for all the characters. Here is the movie synopsis:
Disney’s fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.
During our time in Los Angeles, we were able to have so many memorable moments. There were moments of Oz, Wreck-It Ralph, Mulan and Iron Man. We have putting the posts out so you can follow along with our experience. Be sure you haven’t missed a thing. Here are my posts:
- Wreck-It Ralph in the Making | Motion Capture Video – how they make the characters move, with video of a hands on experience
- Oz the Great and Powerful Red Carpet Experience at El Capitan Theatre – THE World Premiere of the movie
- Michelle Williams’ Interview – Glinda in Oz
- Sam Raimi’s Interview – Director of Oz
- Rachel Weisz’s Interview – Evanora in Oz
- Behind the Scenes of Wreck-It Ralph – a whole day of Ralph and his world
- Inside Disney Animation Studios – so amazing, it needed a post of its own
- Mila Kunis’ Interview – Theodora in Oz
- James Franco’s Interview – The Wizard in Oz
- Exclusive Iron Man 3 Info – See the newest trailer and an interview with the President of Marvel
- Wreck-It Ralph DVD Review – Check out what you can expect from the movie
- Mulan I/II DVD/Blu-ray Review – Celebrating 15 years with a Special Edition 2 – Movie Collection
- Oz the Great and Powerful Movie Review – You are reading it now
- Joey King Interview – China Girl in Oz (Coming Soon on March 11th)
- Tony & Tom Bancroft’s Interview – Mulan (Coming Soon on March 12th)
- Zach Braff’s Interview – Finley the Flying Monkey on Oz (Coming Soon on March 15th)
- The Langham Huntington Hotel Review – This is where the stars stay & I got to call it home for three days (Coming Soon by March 24th)
OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL will be at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, CA
March 8th – April 30th in Disney Digital 3D and Real D 3D
An expert wizard will show you the artistry of illusion in a magical showcase.
Although Disney provided me with an all expense paid trip, all thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own. I genuinely love this movie and it is my pleasure to share my memories with you.